Saturday, May 17, 2008

German fest

Today was the birthday celebration for the Seibold side of the family and to spice things up a bit this time it was German themed! Tina taught me how to make the liver dumplings and the plain dumplings that her grandpa use to have for lunch when he was a lumberjack in the black forest region of Germany. I had tons of fun learning how to make the Seibold family recipes and hearing stories about the history of the family that I now proudly call my own. But I must be honest folks.... liver is not my favorite food....only out of family love did I manage to not only handle the liver but also try one of the dumplings. Only for family I tell ya! After our bellies were full of dumplings, sauerkraut, roast and German donuts we all somehow managed to save room for some yummy birthday cake:) Maxie and Penny just love icing!




German donuts....super yummy!!

1 comment:

aposeym said...

i have no idea what a german donut is, but i'll take two!