Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Family Visit #2

We just completed our revolving door of visitors for the summer with family visit part deux from Leo's side of things. We kicked things off with a camping night down near Deckers on the South Platte River. It was a scenic drive down to the camp along the river with deer and wild turkey sightings and the campground was a great combo of trees, water, and rainbows (we got a double rainbow before we left...I think that it was the camps way of asking us to stay a bit longer).

Leo and I taking in the view of the South Platte.


We do have a chronic camping problem in our household however....we always leave our home for camping and somehow, the majority of the time, manage to forget our rain tarp. So this time we had to come up with a resolution because it was raining on and off all afternoon. Our resolution was an ingenious combination of trash bags and electrical tape that kept us totally dry! I think that we should start to market our WT camping tips and tricks because I am sure that there are tons of people out there that want to look this good when camping...honestly...who wouldn't?!

Since we were on the Platte we also took advantage of some fishing. And by we I mean mostly everyone but me because lets be honest folks... my fishing career came to a halt when I hung up my snoopy fishing pole. But don't worry...I enjoyed laying on the shore reading my parenting books...hopefully some of the tips I am reading about will help me maintain my sanity in a few short months;)

The mountain view from a scenic outlook at Golden Gate Canyon State Park outside of Golden.

The boys eating some dogs at the MLS Rapids game on Saturday night.

On Sunday the guys had a golf day playing 18 holes at Denver City Park while this preggo lady got some much needed R&R in the cool quiet of home. I heard through the grapevine though that it was a nailbiting 18th hole finish of the boys golf scramble;)

Thanks again for the visit!

No comments: