For the past week and a half my side of the fam has been visiting the Rockies, both in Breck and Denver. We started off the visit with my parents and the Henderson clan visiting before they headed to the mountains. The kids had fun seeing all the prairie dogs and rabbits and our neighborhood and shooting of fireworks with Leo. The prairie dogs were a hit because they spent the road trip to CO listening to Little House on the Prairie books on tape which is evidently full of prairie dog stories.
Emiline and Reid at our neighborhood pool. 
Taking a break from the heat of the playground with a pit stop in the splash pad in the park.
Taking in some rays with Emiline and Reid after getting soaked:)
After their time in Denver they all headed to Breck for hiking and mountain slide fun. Emiline and Reid were super pumped to see the mountains for the first time and the slide was an absolute hit! I guess that it is best that Emiline does not remember being trapped on I-70 during the blizzard of 2003:)
Then we traded off when the Henderson clan left and the Webb clan arrived. Leo, Laura and Jeremy "bagged" another 14er on Saturday morning....mount Quandary. They got an early start and were at the summit by 9:30. They said that the views were great and they even had a run in with a group of mountain goats!
At the summit at 14,265'
Leo with his new buddy
And no hike would be complete without a pit stop on the way home for a burger and a beer
Thank heavens my mom did not see the front page of the daily paper until AFTER they got back from the hike... she tends to worry a bit;)
My dad and Leo checking at the muscle cars at the corvette show in Frisco....I think that I got a few good hints from my other half of what will eventually be in our garage some day. I think that I may have some internal conflict with this since I was raised with Jaguar being the almighty classic car make....time will tell.
Winding down before my parents drive home to Oklahoma at City Park Jazz last night with a picnic dinner.
Thanks everybody for a great visit! Come again soon!!!



2 comments:
Looks like tons of fun--great pics, but did you all just stick Eli and Margo in a corner somewhere??
That certainly was a great trip! You were both great hosts to all of us in Denver..thanks! Mom
Post a Comment