Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring happenings: Soccer, Sandbox and Easter

Adrian recently started soccer in our neighborhood, although it is more like toddler games with a soccer ball not necessarily division I training in the cottontail soccer group:). He loves kicking the ball around with some of his buddies in the group:) ....and he looks so big in his uniform!!!

Adrian and Lorelei Love playing in the sandboxes that are scattered throughout the neighborhood so we thought that it would be a good idea to give them a little front yard fun with a sandbox of their own. Leo and I finished building it last night and I see many nights of dirty/happy kids in our future:) I am thrilled with how our little project turned out! I told Leo last night that I was on a sandbox high;)
It was a wonder that I was able to get Adrian to look at me for a picture since he gets pretty darn focused on his serious work of digging ;)

Lorelei however just follows her mama and gives me grins all the time!!

Lorelei shooting me a little over the shoulder grin:)

...and here is the sandbox open with the benches

...and here it is closed for business during nap time:)

Adrian dyeing Easter eggs in preparation for the big bunny....

Lorelei was more of an egg thrower than egg artist. With that girls arm I may see an outfield position in her future;)
Adrian was simply overcome with excitement when he would find an egg.... especially the blue ones:)
The best Easter pic that we could get with this rowdy duo....
I supplied the little people with confetti eggs before we had Easter dinner.... here is Penny getting nailed by her big brother....
I think that the confetti in her hair goes perfectly:)

1 comment:

oufarmer said...

That sand box is really cool. I was noticing the handles and seating, wondering about the construction thought process. Then seeing it all collapse and convert to a sand box cover, I said oh this is a kit, and a really good one! I know you two didn't self engineer that design. If you did, you are borderline genius. : ). Great job.