
Monday, January 17, 2011
Let the planning begin!
Since two people now have told us that we are having a girl I have decided to actually trust them (shocking!) and we have moved forward with girl planning in the house. No name discussions but hopefully this one will have a name before the delivery for a change of pace:) After driving all around the city yesterday picking up a gazillion fabric swatches and desperately missing my fabric store in Oklahoma City I found myself feeling somewhat defeated. I did not find a single fabric that I loved:( I found a few that I really liked but they were blue and according to my better half a girls room should not be blue (boo to stereotypes I say!!) I was looking for something that said girl but not baby, I am a chick with a lot of sass, something with a hint of modern, something that could grow with her, and nothing frilly. My dream list could probably go on and on. I decided to push on today and stumbled upon a fabric that I decided fits the bill.... to my own shock it is pink! I am not really a pink kind of girl but this fabric seems fun and I think that we will like it. Now it is time to get to sewing! At least I have a few months to complete the projects:)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
oh my...that DOES look like EMilines duvet from her first big girl room! Is it identical? In any case, I like it! It will make great roman shades for the nursery!
Post a Comment