Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Colors Camping Weekend

Last weekend we took advantage of the aspens changing color and some beautiful fall weather to introduce Ksenia (a co-resident with Leo from Russia) to camping, hiking and just general outdoor Colorado adventure:)

Our campsite along the Poudre River
Leo and Adrian heading off hiking into the Aspen colors
Cirque Meadows....half way to the top but most of the work hiking was ahead



Adrian was thrilled to make it to Emaline Lake!!! spelled differently than his cousin but still... how many emilines do you come across?!


A surpirse little waterfall on the hike:)

Family fall colors pic... I just love aspen trees!

Notice the location of Adrian's head....
I do not see how you can sleep like that?!?
Adrian napping so sweetly on the hike.... I cannot resist a hiking nap shot;)
Morning dutch oven cooking... I think that our campsite ate the best out of all the other campsites.

Nothing says camping like wearing your footed pajamas by the river in the morning!


1 comment:

Missy said...

"I can't believe there is a lake named Emiline." -Emiline
"I can't believe that Adrian can sleep with his head sideways." -Reid