Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall has arrived!

This was the first weekend in what feels like a while that Leo and I were able to do some fun stuff together.... well, minus Leo having to attend an all day lecture on Saturday...that was not so much fun:( But we made the best of not working/not being on call and had a great fall weekend!!

We started off the weekend going to the Rockies game with some friends. It was a blast! We sat on mile high row (And for those of you that have never been to mile high stadium they denote the mile high altitude with a row of purple chairs...aka, where we sat!), saw a great baseball game and an even better fire works show. They even let fans come onto the field but since our seats were so high up (a mile!! Hello McFly!) we decided to watch from our seats.


Then came my toughest battle of endurance to date.... the neighborhood kickball tournament!! All of our neighbors formed a team together to play in the tourney and although we did not come out victorious we had a great time trying! How could you not when the 'hood provides a moon bounce, pizza, chipotle burritos, and all the PBR that a woman could want while playing... all for free?! We are definitely marking the tourney on the calendar for next year and with the new Denver Seibold additions we just may be unstoppable!!




Finally, on Sunday, Leo picked out what turned out to be a spectacular hike for the two of us to Blue Lake in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. The Aspens are starting to turn and it was a gorgeous drive up to the trail head followed by more spectacular views all the way up to Blue lake, which really is blue and crystal clear! Although we did have a small mishap with the first use of our back country stove we pushed forward and warmed our bellies with some tastiest chile that I have ever had....I was very proud of us and our back country skills:) Enjoy some pics from our hike below. I hope that everyone else had great weekends as well!



2 comments:

Margo said...

Great pics! I guess I am really out of the loop with current lingo--have narrowed down PBR to Peanut butter rolls or Pabst Blue Ribbon. Assume the latter is correct?

Gretchen said...

You have chosen...wisely:) Pabst Blue Ribbon is correct! But I would have also taken free peanut butter and jelly;)